SFPTotal Whistle is a coding board designed for programming fiber optic and copper transceivers SFP form factor, including 10/100/1000BASE SFP, SFP RJ45, 10GBASE SFP+, SFP DAC and AOC.
In contrast in another similar products the device supports coding write-protected MSA transceivers in accordance with SFF-8472. User interface for entry a password field provides by a software.
The device full compatible with a software SFPTotal Wizard which provides user friendly interface for exploring the code parameters, reading the memory and writing changes into transceivers memory. Drivers and software are provided free.
The package includes:
- SFPTotal Whistle coding board
- Activation key which required for working with a software SFPTotal Wizard
- Quick start guide
The activation key is already uploaded in the device. You don't need to do any actions for device activation. The board doesn't require any usb cable for connection to PC. It connects directly to USB port.
On the bottom side is placed a green LED indicates a power supply and USB port connection statuses.
- Programming SFP and SFP+ fiber optical transceivers
- Improving of compatibility between network equipment of different manufacturers
- Uploading changes to write-protected transceivers
- Reading DDM interface
There should be installed FTDI drivers for the device to work correctly.