The SFPTotal Team is studying the compatibility of optical transceivers with network switching equipment. The project develops programming boards and software for working with fiber-optic, ethernet transceivers and also AOC / DAC of popular form factors: SFP, SFP +, GBIC, XFP and QSFP.
The programmers are designed to solve the main problems that arise in the practice of Internet service providers, suppliers of network equipment and system integrators in the process of working with optical transceivers and switching equipment, and requiring reprogramming of transceivers.
The devices support a special protocol that allows access to all address spaces of the transceiver, as well as instructions for programming transceivers with write protection.
The SFPTotal programmers can be used to solve the following tasks:
- Programming transceivers, AOC / DAC cables
- Ensuring compatibility between network equipment of different manufacturers
- Reprogramming write-protected transceivers using passwords or scripts
- Changing PHY controller settings
- Rebranding for OEM transceivers
- Diagnosis of the transceiver by reading DDM
To use the programming boards you will need software SFPTotal Wizard or specific software based on SFPTotal protocol. Read the User Guide and get to know more about basic features and opportunities before using the programmer.
- System requirements
- Connection to PC
- Software SFPTotal Wizard
- User interface
- Reading transceiver's memory
- Write firmware to the transceiver's memory
- Write firmware using password
- Export and import
- Validation firmware checksum
- Brute-force attack
- Codes library
- Generator of codes