SFPTotal team researching issues of compatibility fiber optical transceivers with network switching equipment. The team develops tools, devices and software for programming fiber-optic transceievers, including ethernet transceivers and AOC / DAC, of popular form-factors SFP, SFP+, SFP28, GBIC, XFP, QSFP, QSFP+, QSFP28. Programming boards are designed to solve the main problems that arise in the practice of Internet service providers, suppliers of network equipment and system integrators on the process of working with optical transceivers and switching equipment, and requiring reprogramming of transceivers.
The SFPTotal devices support a special protocol that allows access to all address spaces of the transceiver, and implements instructions for programming write-protected transceivers.
SFPTotal programmers can be used to solve the following tasks:
- Programming transceiver's EEPROM/Flash through I2C databus
- Ensuring compatibility between network equipment of different manufacturers
- Programming write-protected transceivers using passwords or scripts
- Programming write-protected transceivers using brute-force mode
- Changing PHY controller settings
- Rebranding OEM transceivers
- Reading DDM (Digital Diagnostics Monitoring) information
To use programming boards you will need software SFPTotal Wizard or specific software based on SFPTotal protocol. Read the User Guide and get to know more about basic features and opportunities before using the programmer.
- System requirements
- Connection to PC
- Software SFPTotal Wizard
- User interface
- Read from transceiver
- Write code into transceiver
- Write code using a password
- Export and import code
- Validation firmware checksum
- Brute-force attack
- Library of codes
- Generator of codes